Promise VTrack E- Class 32TB Subsystem
• 16 x 2 TB 7200rpm 3Gbps SATA Laufwerke
• Insgesamt 32 TB Speicherkapazität
• Dual active/active RAID Controller mit zwei 4 Gb Fibre Channel Anschlüssen (2 GB Cache je Controller)
• Redundante Stromversorgung und Kühlmodule
• Die ideale Speicherlösung für SAN- basierte Anwendungen
• Qualifiziert für die Verwendung mit Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio, Xsan 2
• Kompatibel mit den früheren Generationen der Promise E/J Produktreihen
The Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem with sixteen SATA drives delivers outstanding performance, reliability, and expansion for video and server applications. Sixteen 2TB 7200-rpm 3Gbps SATA drives in a 3U rack-optimized enclosure provide 32TB of raw capacity for assignment to one or more RAID sets supporting all the major RAID levels including hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6.
The high-availability design of the Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem provides dual active/active RAID controllers with two 4Gb Fibre Channel ports and 2GB of cache per controller, redundant power supplies, and redundant cooling modules. An ideal storage solution for direct attached or SAN-based server and workstation applications, the Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem is qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio 2, and Xsan 2.
The Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem provides flexible configuration and can scale along with your business. You can start with a four drive configuration and scale the RAID subsystem with additional SATA drives, high performance SAS drives, or an expansion unit as your requirements change.
With large VTrak deployments worldwide, enterprise users have come to rely on Promise Technology to protect their valuable data. The Promise VTrak E-Class supports attachment of up to four J-Class expansion chassis, providing 80TB of raw capacity using 1TB SATA drives for high-capacity storage applications like tiered storage, disk-to-disk backup, or archive.
High-availability active/active RAID
This enterprise-class, cable-less system design includes fully redundant, hot-swappable controllers, power, and cooling units. All system components are constantly monitored to ensure continuous operation in case of failure or component malfunction. Dual active/active, failover/failback RAID controllers provide redundant data paths to help ensure availability.
4Gb Fibre Channel performance and reliability
Dual 4Gb Fibre Channel (FC) host interface ports per controller provide connectivity into widely deployed Fibre Channel storage networks, perfect for supplementing existing or building new storage networks.
Easy installation and management
The VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem features Bonjour discovery and configuration though an embedded browser-based management interface, WebPAM PROe, eliminating the need to install additional software. Simply open your browser and click on the VTrak unit you would like to manage. An easy-to-use guided setup allows novice users to create and provision the storage in just a few minutes. Yet, the VTrak's rich feature set gives advanced users powerful tools to rapidly deploy multiple units tuned for applications like Xsan 2 and Final Cut Studio 2.
• 3U rack-optimized enclosure with 16 hot-swappable drive bays
• Dual redundant active/active controllers
• 2GB DDR ECC cache
• 4Gbps Fibre Channel ports (2 per controller)
• Sixteen 2TB (32TB capacity) 7200-rpm SATA hard drives (pre-installed and tested)
• RAID Levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, and JBOD
• External SAS port (1 per controller) for storage expansion using the Promise VTrak expansion chassis
• WebPAM PROe web-based management interface
• Qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, and Xsan 2; Apple MPIO capable
• Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server v10.5.2 or later
• Apple 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express cards
What's in the Box
• 32TB Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystem
• Product CD with electronic documentation
• Quick start guide
• Rack mounting hardware for standard 4-post rack
• Two 6 ft./1.83 m power
• One 6.56 ft./2.0 m RS-232 serial cable (6-pin RJ11 to DB9)